Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Wedding Bells

Well, i completed the wedding bell ornament, designed by the delightful Terry McGuffin, a few days back. When my sister visited and checked out the bell, she informed me i'd best get cracking on making her one for her upcoming wedding. Yes, indeed. That is how my baby sister told me she plans to wed. Soon.
I'm a little annoyed, i had wanted the time to make a honiton lace handkerchief for her, at least one motif ladden corner! She'll get her bell, possibly a pair. I'll have to see what i can do for a handkerchief, i could tat one facter than work it in Honiton lace, i could do a simple torchon edging, but i promised Judith i'd only work Honiton until i'm through with the course. Sigh.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here's Debs bell taken with a flash, poor picture i know, and i should have straightened out all of the lace and not just the front.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here's a close up, no flash.
The pattern is a bit fiddly to work, but at the same time, a lovely progression of the rounds with hardly any 'cut and tying' I need to find more seed beads with center holes large enough to take a tiny crochet hook and thread through them.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The boys on their favorite box, look at those tails! Night and day those kittens are.
I have another post to put up at my live journal about music and then.....to my Honiton pillow. If i get enough worked, i shall do some spinning today as well as pick out a new tatting piece to work on.
love to all
jen

No comments:

LibraryThing