Saturday, May 12, 2007

Lace Lesson Update

Well i finished one more Honiton sample and graduated on to working some flower shaped samples! I am Sooo happy about that, the first piece is daisy like in shape and following are some pictures taken in the middle of working it, the fun part will be the leaves, as i am to fill them as i see fit!!!

Oh, first is the required picture of Normal, when he gives up on my paying enough attention to playing fetch he'll lay on the boxes of (er...my) books stacked next to the computer area for a snooze. When i'm at the pillow he's either half on my lap or right next to me under my throw.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
He doesn't look relaxed at all....does he?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
lace and a close up...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So here we are, it feels so lovely to be back on track without my hand giving me fits, i will simply never take the use of my hands for granted again.
I still can't decide what tatting to do for my sister....i should have enough time to get something lovely done for her, but what? Boutonnieres made of little lace roses?....Possibly a simple hankie edging, ah, but to be retired and have the time to see all of these ideas to fruition. Determination, that and dedication will see something accomplished of note(oh, i hope!)
Well, Happy Mothers day out there to all my Mother friends, be your children human or animal(or both!)
Love to all
jen

No comments:

LibraryThing