Thursday, February 8, 2007

Yet again....not lace related!

Well, if you know me all handwork stopped january 18th, for a minor hand surgery, i've finally healed enough to begin craft work again.....but not so that i wanted to jump into my Honiton course before working more of the scar tissue loose in my hand. So, here we have what i have accomplished in the last few days. Tuesday i took a 45 minute lesson on spinning, which i loved, so following are pictures of what i did when i got home(and more yarn i spun today as well.....remember, there Is a learning curve, so it's 'novelty yarn' as there are slubs in it:-)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The borrowed Ashford traveller, st, that my mom loaned to me.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The newly plied yarn, still on the bobbin.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The yarn on the niddy noddy(that i need to finish...think i'll leave that to jerry!)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and...finally, the two skeins of yarn, ready to knit into a silly scarf. I've decided to call it my doctor scarf, partly as the only reason i became interested in spinning was due to my surgery, and the fact it will be a long skinny scarf a la Dr. Who, and the colors and silliness of the yarn remind me of Dr. Suess. (i'll need to make more yarn to finish the scarf, which is good as i've plenty of different colors of green roving :-)
Oh, and my return to jewelry making- Finally!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So, tomorrow i shall be back to my lace pillow, at long last!
G'night all, love jen

No comments:

LibraryThing