Friday, November 15, 2013

Habits.....

I appear to be a creature of habits, returning here at this time of year...again....
I am about to begin a Fiber Arts course that is centered around not only the technical 'Doing' of the craft...but also very centered upon introspection and understanding the driving forces of why I reach for certain colors and textures in my work.


I am incredibly excited about this, and I haven't even opened up the first lesson plan :) Bear with me while I savor these moments of excitement at the unknown potential for what this course might bring to me, and through me to my friends and family as they receive the lions share of my handwork and artwork.

It's Friday today, and as miserable a grey, overcast and cold fall day that Washington can dish out....yet the lack of sun and cold weather have never bothered me, I find it relaxing...but there's something more to today, it's a bit oppressive and as I checked in with friends across the internet, everyone else was saying the same things"it's like the day is still asleep' said one friend, while others cried out for the Sun to return.

I simply pulled an extra quilt onto the bed and continued on kitchner stitching up a cozy colorwork cowl I had finally finished, with Normal on my feet(as my lap was occupied space with the knitting and seaming up of the handwork) I found it a good day, if subdued. Tomorrow shall be a better day, and tonight...I shall study the lesson plan and begin the process of identifying and finding long shuttered doors and dreams-

No comments:

LibraryThing